• October 3, 2022

Airstrike in Ethiopia’s Tigray region kills civilians

An airstrike in Ethiopia’s northern Tigray region killed at least five civilians earlier this week as the revived war continues, according to humanitarian workers and an internal document seen by The …

World Bank approves $750 million credit to boost Nigerian reforms

The World Bank has approved a US$750 million credit line for Nigeria to help the country push through reforms to attract investment and create jobs. Several states in Nigeria are struggling …

Liberated Mocímboa marks one year since liberation from Jihadist

In the port city of Mocímboa da Praia in northern Mozambique life is slowly coming back to normal. The city was liberated from jihadists a year ago. Since August 2020 that …

The Commander of Operation Safe Haven, Major General Ibrahim Ali said troops have rescued 36 victims of fresh attack along Rukuba road in Jos, North Local Government Area of Plateau State.

Gen. Ali in a statement signed by Military Information Officer, Ishaku Takwa said the Command has intensify patrol and dominated Jos Metropolis.

He noted that 21 suspects are now in custody of the military in connection to the attack.

“Troops of Operation SAFE HAVEN has continued with patrols to search for the few remaining victims of Rukuba road attack on commuters in Jos. Troops have also dominated Jos metropolis with robust patrols and surveillance to maintain law and order.

“As at today 15 August 2021, troops of Operation SAFE HAVEN have rescued a total of 36 victims of the attack. They are in a stable health condition while those hospitalized are responding to treatment.

“Equally, more arrests have been made in connection with the heinous act bringing the total of 21 suspects in custody.

“Troops have dominated Jos metropolis with robust patrols and surveillance. Security checkpoints have also been beefed up to enforce the curfew imposed on Jos North, Jos South and Bassa local government areas.

“While urging law abiding citizens to comply with the curfew, the Commander Operation SAFE HAVEN has called for calm and urged all to always make good use of our help center lines to provide information to troops for prompt action.”

He further restated his commitment to deal with the perpetrators of the heinous act.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.